Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Fog is Clearing

Everyone has said that the first week is the hardest and it truly does get easier...and we're finding that to be pretty accurate! Last week I cried more than I've cried my whole life, I think!! So tired, so emotional, dealing with physical ailments from childbirth to nursing. But this week it feels like the fog is starting to lift and today I feel almost normal!!

We actually got out for a couple hours today. We went to early voting and got that taken care of. I was kinda nervous that Isaac would have a melt-down in the voting booth and annoy everybody, but thankfully he slept through the experience!! Then we picked up lunch and ate at the park. It felt so awesome to get out of the house and see that life still goes on!!! And it was the most beautiful day! Texas in the Fall is fabulous!!

I can't make a post without saying how blessed I am by my sweet husband!! R has been incredible! He has totally changed more diapers than I have. He helps soothe Isaac to sleep. At the moment he's in the nursery putting Isaac down and singing worship songs to him. So precious. Watching R love our little boy and care for him has caused me to love him even more! And having this time together while R is on paternity leave is a little bit like another honeymoon...well, it is now that last week is over! Smile. I sure do love my boys!

Here are a few pictures from our time at the park.







9 comments:

Rose said...

Mollie!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE! You look like your "old" self. You really do look amazing. Until we can visit....

Virtual Hugs!

And give that baby a squeeze from me, Matt, and his birthday twin Colin.

hannah said...

so sweet!

Christi said...

yay, cute cute cute. Glad things are settling in place. Keep posting pics!

BekahSue32 said...

oh my gosh, I love the little lip sticking out!! You look great Mollie!

bri said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! HE IS SOOOO CUTE! I LOVE THAT LAST PICTURE! HE IS SO PITIFUL! I JUST WANT TO COME HOLD HIM AND LOVE ALL OVER HIM! You look great Mollie! I love seeing you and R with Isaac... y'all were meant to be his parents... he brings such a sweet joy to your faces... Love it!

Nicki W. said...

mollie,
NEVER EVER worry about "annoying" anyone in public with a crying baby! that was the best advice i got with tristan! you know what--babies CRY! and a lot!! everyone understands :)
you look great!!!

kelly 's a riot said...

good for you! i'm happy to see you out of the house in the park:) he sure is a cutie:0)

Carla said...

OHHHHHH! That last one just breaks your heart! How sweet! Yay for starting to feel "normal" again! So glad that you can both be home together for the first little while. What a blessing!

Sarandipity said...

Oh my gosh! Somebody's got a serious case of the poochie-lip disease! Soooooo cute! :)