It's been a couple of weeks since I learned that I wasn't accepted into the University's School of Music. I still have an unexplained peace and believe that the door was closed for a reason, but sadness has had a chance to catch up with me. Last week I sat at the piano and was surprised by the presence of tears as I started to sing.
Music is like a dear friend who has hurt me deeply. I value the friendship immensely and certainly will work to rebuild the relationship, but I'm not quite ready to move forward yet. The wound is too fresh and it will take time before I'm ready to trust again and put myself out there to be vulnerable.
Nevertheless I'm making progress. With the help and encouragement from my sweet husband, I'm beginning to understand what this time is about. One might say I'm on sabbatical to press in with the Lord in order to understand what He has for me; what He has purposed for my life's course. It's about learning not striving to DO, but simply to BE. Not an easy thing for a doer who doesn't like to sit still, but I know I need this.
What happens next? I have absolutely NO IDEA! And for perhaps the first time in my life, that's okay. I've wasted too much time living for the next thing. Now that there isn't a next thing in my sights, I find that I'm actually living today and finding joy in what is. And so I'm thankful. I'm thankful for the richness of all God is doing in me. I'm thankful for the most precious husband. I'm thankful for this time and chance to grow up in Christ; to know Him more deeply than ever before. Thank you, Jesus, for WHO You are and for WHO You have made me to be.........
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mollie, I LOVE the place you're in right now! What you're talking about is the same thing my sister really tried to encourage me to do when I blogged about being worried about what's next for us. She said try to enjoy where you are - there's plenty coming up that you just can't know, so don't miss what God has for you now. I believe there's a Scripture along those lines... :) Now if I can just figure out how to DO it!
Awwww...what a cute profile picture! You can definitely tell we're related...he he! :)
I think babies should be next!
Post a Comment