Friday, November 17, 2006

"All Rise!"


Monday morning found us in Austin, Texas where R., along with 2,500 other newly licensed lawyers, was sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court. It was fun to witness the formality of the court, including the use of Latin to call the court to order. Those who addressed the inductees stressed the responsibility upon each new lawyer and the need for them to serve with integrity. I was proud to observe from the audience and know that my husband was among those making his pledge.


3 comments:

Amber said...

Yay Roy Rogers!

(I'm calling him that because of the lawyer-look in the big red chair a couple posts ago. Very tough / "I'm a good lawyer don't mess with me" looking.)

Carla said...

Wow! That's so cool that you could be there for that, Mollie! The day must have been super awesome for both of you.

JTapp said...

Wow, i didn't realize they swore lawyers in like that. Guess that makes me feel better that lawyers have to swear an oath. :-)

Seriously, congrats on that! Looking good!