Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fully Educated

In the face of time’s passage, I often feel behind in the completion of my degree. I have no regrets for how I have spent the years since high school graduation. I’ve learned a lot and met some wonderful people. There’s just the pressure to be fully educated, not to mention the glass ceiling I’ve knocked my head against more than once!

This morning I heard a brief story about a Kansas college student. It certainly makes me feel better!! Maybe it’s not so important how old I am when I finally have my degree in hand……….

Morning Edition, November 21, 2006 · Kansas college student Nola Ochs, like many of her classmates, will likely do some studying over Thanksgiving break. But unlike them, Ochs can remember the events taught in her history class. She turns 95 tomorrow. Ochs remembers World War I, the formation of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Ochs has one semester to go before she graduates. That would make her the world's oldest college graduate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO NOLA!!! Woo woo!!! That's awesome!