This week's homework for the Beth Moore study is on the Fruit of the Spirit, Faithfulness. Today's lesson was really wow and made me realize why my faith has wavered at different times in my life. The main passage of Scripture for today was Hebrews 11. Verse 6 says that without faith it's impossible to please God because we must first believe that He is and then that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. This question was posed: Is my faith based upon what God does or Who He is?
After reading this lesson I have to admit that my faith has mostly been based on what God does. No wonder I've struggled to trust Him!! God certainly doesn't always do what I think He should and He definitely doesn't do WHEN I think He should!!! This has caused me to feel like the Lord has let me down and has made me wonder if I can trust Him in whatever current circumstance I find myself in.
Beth Moore said that faith based upon what God does sets us up for a rollercoaster ride!! But faith in Who He is allows us to rest upon what we know of His character and the fact that God loves us no matter what the circumstances of life look like.
I need to adjust the basis of my faith. My faith should rest upon the truth that He is and trust that all that He does falls in line with His character and love for us. Wow! So that was a revelation I need in my life!!! Thank you, Jesus!!!
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment