May 11, 1926 - December 18, 2008
In Loving Memory
Today has been a day of remembering my Grandma. Recalling her giggle...her love for pretty things...for pink. Picturing the rose in her cheeks and the way she would touch up her lipstick after we'd gone out to eat. She had an eye for decorating...I think I learned from her.
My Grandma had this knack for knowing when someone was coming to visit and she'd have brownies baked and ready. Sure enough; she was right and they were always surprised that she knew they were coming! I think of the time she called my uncle with an April Fool's joke and told him his house was on fire and the Fire Department was on its way. The joke was on her when he responded that he knew it 'cause he'd called them!!
It's been awhile since I've seen my Grandma. This picture was taken on Easter of 2006. I think somehow I knew that might be the last time I'd see her in this life. Grandma always liked Christmas and snow and the way the snow would rest on the evergreen trees. This year she's HOME for the Holiday..........
" I love you, Grandma!"


2 comments:
What a sweet post Mollie. I bet that your grandma is singing with the angels. I wonder if she knows who is coming to visit next?
Oh Mollie, that is so sweet. Beautifully written! I am all teary eyed now....
love ya friend.
Post a Comment