It's been awhile since I took time to post...perhaps because I'm trying to figure out how to FIND time! Smile. My parents and sis came to visit last week. We had the BEST visit ever! It was so precious to see my family love on our little son!! The week was too short, though! I'm ready for them to come back again. How about next week!?!?
Yesterday Isaac turned 6 weeks old! It's hard to believe that he's been with us that long already!!! The little man now weighs 10 pounds!! He slept through the night last night for the first time! (thank you Babywise!!) He's such a joy! I love being his Mommy!!!
Yesterday was also my 6 week checkup. Not quite as encouraging. It was good to know that I've lost 30 pounds already!!! Sweet!!! Still have a ways to go before I'm back to my original size, but good progess. Talk about a painful visit, though. I unfortunately have scar tissue from the episiotomy. OUCH! And with the second bout of mastitis I also now have thrush. Thankfully we caught it early before it got too painful. Poor little Isaac has thrush as well from the antibiotics. So, we're using straight formula while we're treating him for that. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to keep nursing or if I should just go ahead and wean myself off of breastfeeding. I've been pumping but my milk supply is down anyway...I don't know. It's such a hard decision!!!
As crazy as it sounds, all this is worth it. I love Isaac so much and he's such a joy!!! To look into his little face as he takes in his environment with his big eyes and pursed lips! Wow! He started cooing a bit this week. What a sound!!!! I'm thankful!!! We're so blessed...even on the rough days!

7 comments:
You can hand him over now. You did the hard part of getting him to sleep through the night (way to go!) so now auntie bri will take over from here! hehehe... love him...he is way Adorable and so scrumptious!
I think no matter what you choose he is still going to get fed well and continue to grow A LOT... haha. So if nursing is not working for you then it is okay to stop and do something that suits you all. On the other hand you can press through this and do a great job I am sure! Whichever encouragement you need right now..hahaha!
Love the baby noises. I heard him when I dropped off the Moby. He has the deep voice too. Love it!
blessings,
bri
I love the new pictures! And wow, 30 pounds is awesome! I can't believe that he is 6 weeks old (that means that Colin is one year, six weeks!). I love it that they share a birthday!
He's a charmer! I think he looks like both you of you equally.
Hey Mollie! Happy 6 weeks! I just wanted to send you hugs and let you know that you are in my prayers. Feeding our babies is SUCH an emotional issue for new mommies that have breastfeeding trouble - I definitely understand how you're feeling even though I haven't been in your exact circumstances. I just wanted to tell you that IT'S OK if you decide to wean, you are a GOOD MOMMY. The deep love you have for Isaac means more than any amount of milk you could give him. Please feel free to email me if you need any support or resources on pumping or nursing - I would never have been able to pump for 6 months if it hadn't been for the support I found online. Hugs!!!
Yeah, Abby's new one Ella has had quite an ordeal with thrush--they've had trouble keeping it under control.
-Carrie
He is SO cute!! I agree with Joni in that whatever decision you make about weaning or not is going to be the best decision for you. I just have to tell you that we REALLY struggled with breastfeeding and around the 4-week mark I met with a wonderful LC and I am so thankful, at nearly 8 months that we got through the tough part and stuck with it. It's a precious thing as they continue to grow. Also, I found out that the minute you are both exposed to any sort of sickness, your body starts making the antibodies that Isaac will need to fight off that particular illness. We have yet to deal with a cold and I'm so thankful. This is just my story of what has been best for us.
Also, a girlfriend of mine nursed her baby through thrush. I don't have any experience with that, but I just know they made it through.
Sounds like you got a Moby. That thing was my BEST friend!! I bet you'll love it. And congrats on the 30 lbs! It's great how fast the first 30 fall off!! Well, if I'm honest, it was the frist 25 for me - :o) You're lucky with 30!
Love ya! And remember you know what is absolutely best for you and your little one - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. My note is only meant to encourage.
mollie,
yay! you look so good, girl!
if you need help in milk supply, try fenugreek and blessed thistle (go to drug emporium) together with lots of water 3 times a day. it was very helpful for me! i think the first 6 weeks of bfeeding are the hardest, so hang in there! however, if you go to formula--do it without any guilt! he is going to grow and thrive and LOVE you no matter what he eats :)
xoxo
Post a Comment