Saturday, September 13, 2008

Full Term

At 37 weeks, our little boy is full term today! He can safely come anytime and I would happily welcome him ANYTIME! Smile. I've been feeling pretty good, but last night I started feeling really uncomfortable and just a lot of pressure. I slept last night, but each time I woke up to turn over or go to the bathroom it was like my whole body was screaming its angst at me! I'm still feeling quite a bit of pressure today and can't sit still for very long. I'm really hoping this means he's coming soon...and if he's not that this isn't how I'm going to feel for the remainder of my time pregnant!!!

And please bear with me as I take this opportunity to vent about what has to be the worst part about being pregnant. CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEARN TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT IF THEY CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE AND POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh! "Oh my gosh, you're really big". " You look like you're about ready to pop". "Your baby is gonna be really big". "You're huge". And it goes on and on and on!! And what's so frustrating is that most of these comments come from complete strangers! What on earth gives them the right to comment about my anatomy?!?!? I feel the need to educate these tactless people about what's appropriate to say, but I realize that if I respond the way I'd like to, they probably would just think I'm a B with and itch and not have a clue why I'm upset. But seriously, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I appreciate being told I'm HUGE. What woman likes to hear that under any circumstances? As for telling me my baby is gonna be so big, even if that were true (which it's not) hearing it over and over again would likely only produce anxiety about the fact that what goes in must come out!! Hello?!?!? Gosh!!! The old addage is true, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"!!!!!!! There. Thank you! I just needed to get that off my chest!! Smile.

R and a few fabulous friends are painting the office today! We decided that since we hadn't decorated or set things up yet that it would make more sense to paint it now rather than having to move everything out of there in order to paint. Since I can't paint because of the fumes, I rounded up a crew so R wouldn't have to go it alone. It's going really fast!! I can't wait to see the finished product and post pics for ya'll to see! And I'm super excited for R to have a man space that he can enjoy and that's fixed up the way he wants it! He's so creative that it's gonna be super cool!!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hooray! I can't wait to meet your very normal sized baby peapod!

Just wait, you aren't going to get ANY SLEEP!

KIDDING!
Lots of love!

Rose

bri said...

You are so fun Mollie... It is one of those things you just have to take with a CUP of salt. hahahaha. people are far from educated these days. And no NOBODY seems to know how to say anything nice. Just be thankful that you ARE pregnant and they aren't telling you you have a huge baby and there really isn't one... hehehe. okay sorry couldn't help that. That has to be the most tactless thing that people can do. I think you are way beautiful and your baby is going to be perfect! He is going to be so BEAUTIFUL!

Truthfully if you want to shut them up tactfully Ü just look at them and ask when they are due too? hahahaha (of course it is only funny if they are not expecting; won't work as well on a pregnant woman hehe)

love y'all.