Contrary to what we were always told growing up, pregnancy is actually 10 months, not 9. So here I am at 9 months pregnant...with four more weeks until my due date! But it still feels really good to reach that big milestone! And, he is considered full-term at 37 weeks so maybe he'll come early!!! Maybe...but I'm not gonna hold my breath! Smile.
Thursday we went to the doctor and everything is looking good and right on schedule. Little man is measuring right at 36 cm which is exactly where he's supposed to be at 36 weeks. And like a good little boy he's still in head down position! Good job, son!! I've gone from being 50% effaced to 80%! Yippy!!! My doctor said the more the cervix thins out the faster I will dilate when I start dilating!! Sounds good to me! I'm totally okay with a fast labor!! On Friday I had back cramps for about an hour or so and it seems to R. and I that our baby has dropped, but we can't say for certain on that! Maybe next week's appointment will shed some light on this!!
I've become completely obsessed with labor and delivery. Last week I was reading all about breastfeeding, this week all about delivery. Everything I read is basically the same thing said a different way, but there are little tidbits from different writers that offer pain management and comfort techniques that may come in handy when the time comes! R. has been reading about comfort techniques as well since he's gonna be my labor coach. I'm so glad that he wants to help me as much as he can and be a part of the whole process!!
This week I started freezing some meals so R. can just thaw it out and dinner will be ready after "George" comes! I don't know if I've started nesting, but I've certainly taken a new interest in baking! A couple days ago I made Orange/Coconut bread (freezing one loaf!) and now I'm ready to make Chocolate Chip/Banana Bread and thinking about Pumpkin Muffins. What's come over me!!! Smile.

6 comments:
Just keep on baking! Sounds delicious!
I can't wait to hear the very special story of how your precious baby comes into the world. I'm so impatient! I can't wait!
sounds like a fun way to anticipate baby c! you look great!!
Hi Mollie ~
Your picture is precious...and yep, in my professional (ha) opinion...George has dropped...which should mean your indigestion is at a minimum now!! Can't wait to meet him.
Marcia
Mollie,
I remember being a week or so past my due date and canning and baking up a storm in the homes that the flurry of activity would put me into labor. Didn't work, but that last burst of nesting sure is fun!
God bless,
Kellie Tandilyan
you look great!! i would love to bring you guys a meal~do you have scheduled meals coming? email me thenickster1@yahoo.com i know how helpful it is when people can do that for you :)
i delivered at 37 weeks...it can happen!!
Can I play the Devil's Advocate for a sec? We got pregnant on the 19th of June and were due on the 20th of March. That's 9 months. I think where everyone gets stuck while pregnant is that it's counted by weeks and we typically think of 4 weeks in a month, but over the course of 9 of them, a couple extra days per month (over 18) it actually comes out really close to 9 months. It is weird though b/c they calculate out the weeks starting before you even get pregnant. Makes you feel like there's SO much extra at the end! Hang in there!
Post a Comment