To be completely honest I was hoping our little man would be here by now, but here we are at 39 weeks and our due date is this Thursday!!! The imminence of his coming is both incredibly exciting and incredibly frightening! If only there wasn't that thing called LABOR between here and there!!! But I'm trying to keep a positive perspective and hoping, hoping, hoping that I will follow in my Mom's steps and have a quick and easy delivery! After all, I was nice to my Mom so that should count for something, right?!?!
Meanwhile, I'm totally running out of things to clean and finish before his arrival. A couple days ago I finished reading "Villette" by Charlotte Bronte (it was good, but not as good as Jane Eyre). I've been keeping up with the laundry so that's not hanging over me when he's born. I've prepared and frozen probably around 8 meals. The office is clean, the kitchen is clean, the nursery is complete including new crib up and ready, our bags have been packed for awhile now. And I'm getting antsy and bored!!!! I'd like to get out more and shop and the like, but with all the comments I get when I go out I have to be feeling REALLY up emotionally to brave hearing someone else make a negative comment about the size of my belly. So I'm kinda hiding out in the house lately. PLEASE COME SOON LITTLE BOY!!!!!!
By the way, I looked up some information in one of the books I've read about labor and delivery and the fact that the little man is at a +1 station is quite positive. The stations or positions coming down into the birth canal start at -4, which is floating. Zero is fully engaged in the mother's pelvis and +4 is basically when the baby's head crowns. So, he has moved past just being fully engaged and is on his way positively (ha, ha). Soon I will look back on all of this and wonder that he's been here a week...a month...a year already! Soon this pregnancy will end and I will hold my little boy in my ARMS!! Soon!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
and then I am going to come and hold him in my arms...hehehe... COME OUT "GEORGE"!!!
There is a trilogy series by Francine Rivers that is VERY CAPTIVATING if you are an avid reader. I love it and I can get you started on the first two books... I have to get the last one back from a friend.
A year is right! Well, I remember this night, one year ago, being very uncomfortable in my booth at Olive Garden and pouting that Colin hadn't been born yet. I would have had a FIT if I had known that I would have to wait for 12 more days.
Good Luck Mollie and Robert! I hope that your sweet boy comes tonight!
Post a Comment