Yesterday I went shopping to get the last few things I needed for my overnight bag for the hospital. I picked up a couple things from different parts of the store and then headed to the changing rooms. The woman at the dressing rrom desk asked me to move my cart out of the way...no problem. I moved it off to the side where she could still see it, thinking she would make sure no one ran off with it. I tried on my items and came out only to discover that my cart was missing. I almost burst into tears right at that moment. Here I am with a handful of clothes that I'm buying and the thought of limping back around the store to find the items that were in my cart is enough to make me want to just sit down and weep! The woman apologized, but there was no offer or attempt to find me an empty cart or assist me in finding my items again. I'm thinking "Hello!!! I'm 8 and 1/2 months pregnant with a foot I can't actually walk on and I could use some help!!!" Thankfully I did find my cart as I was on my way across the store trying not to cry, but I certainly realized how vulnerable I am right now.
I told R about this incident while we were discussing our days over dinner. He immediately got on the phone to speak to the manager at the store. He was really nice about it and simply expressed to the guy that we shop there a lot and that we usually have a positive experience and just think they could have done better. The manager agreed and apologized and said he would address the situation.
I felt so protected and taken care of. When I thanked R for calling them he responded by saying "Nobody messes with my Baby!" Sniff, sniff. That's me! I feel super blessed to have a husband who stands up for me and takes such great care of me! I love you, sweetheart!!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is WAY sweet! Oh my goodness. His momma raised him right. Now you know how to raise your little man so that someday his wife can post the same blog... of course it will be called something else by then. But he will be a rare gem in this fallen world.
awwwwwwww. Love that. I'm so glad you have such a sweet guy, mollie!
Post a Comment