Last night we had another child-birth class. After the lecture part of the class in which we discussed pain medications and medical reasons for inducing, we had a practical exercise. Sondra, our instructor, had four stations set up where we tried different pain management techniques. To experience pain we had to hold ice cubes in our hand for a full 60 seconds. I've decided I like the birth ball while R. massages my back and tells me I'm doing a great job. We'll see what actually works on the big day, but it's nice to get an idea of what helps take my mind off the pain.
I must admit that I feel really conspicuous these days with my belly size. And class is probably the worst. There are 4 pregnant mommies in the class. All the other women are expecting girls...I don't know if that makes it different, but seriously, I'm the biggest one there and my due date is that latest of all of them!!! One girl only has 5 weeks to go!! Ah! I keep telling myself it's okay and not to let it bother me, but it's really hard not to feel like people are looking and commenting about me. And it's hard not to panic when I think about the fact that I'm only going to get bigger! Yikes!!! I'm already thinking about my getting-back-in-shape strategy after "George" is born! Thankfully we now live just 5 minutes away from the gym so I should be able to go in the mornings while R. is getting ready for work and can be home with the little man. And I went this morning just to feel better about myself...it helped.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We had Sondra too! We didn't like how often she talked about poop, but other than that, we liked her.
I got really big, really fast. But that last month, I just didn't get any bigger at all. So strange how we are all so different, isn't it!
Hang in there, sweet friend! I can't wait to meet "George"!
Post a Comment