Friday, July 13, 2007

The Sound of Texas

It's funny how the little things are what make a place endearing. The rain has slowed down a bit and Summer has arrived here in the grand state of Texas. It goes without saying that it's HOT! Evenings are my favorite time of day. It cools down and there's usually a breeze that makes it pleasant to be outside. And the cicadas go crazy!!! That's one of the things I love about living here is the sound of the cicadas! Who would ever guess that such a loud noise could be made by a bug!!!! Random! But it totally makes me smile! And it takes me back to being a little girl in Iowa in the hot Summer and hearing the cicadas sing their song. It's a sound of home.

1 comment:

Carla said...

HI Mollie - I just wanted to tell you that I'm making tea and I'm using one of those cute, homey little blue mugs that you gave me at your wedding. It made me think of you, so I thought I'd write a little note. :)
I just got back yesterday from Erika's wedding - it was SO good! It was so great to see her and Amber and Chenelle. Arden is SO nice and he and Erika seem perfect for each other. I'll maybe post some photos on facebook so you can see. :)