I read this verse today that really spells out the contrast between the phony and genuine lovers of God that I mentioned in my last post. 2 Corinthians 2:17 (NRSV) says "For we are not peddlers of God's word like so many; but in Christ we speak as persons of sincerity, as persons sent from God and standing in His presence." That's it!! That's the person I want to be! One that speaks with sincerity as standing in the very presence of the Lord! To live from that place of fellowship with God. That's what I'm talkin' about!
In the past couple days God has really been faithful to answer prayer and to give me a heart to pray. After hearing a sermon a few weeks ago by the pastor who married us, I have been reminded of the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives as Christians. I had been completely neglecting the gifts He has given me and the power that comes from Him!!! In the sermon I mentioned he spoke on 1 Cor. 14. In this chapter Paul calls us to strive for spiritual gifts. He then goes on to write specifically about praying in the spirit and prophecy. Somewhere along the way I had forgotten about praying in the spirit and this sermon reminded me of how important that is and the priviledge we have to communicate with God in this way! This feels like a fresh start toward getting back to the place of love for the Lord that I've been missing.
All glory to Jesus for His indescribable gifts and His faithfulness...moment by moment.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment