Thursday, June 28, 2007

I finally have my cake and eat it too!

R. got me a computer program called CAKEWALK for our first married Christmas...in 2005. Initially we found out my computer didn't have enough space. So we got it some more. Then we realized that if I was going to record music and put it on a CD that I should have a burner. So we got it a burner. Then we realized it still didn't work...no sound would come out at all. For my birthday R. talked with a guy who uses this program and come to find out we had the wrong MIDI machine. So, R. got me a different one. But then I've been too intimidated to use it! Each time I'd open up the program to give it a try, I would see all of the buttons and options and simply close it out with frustration. Where to begin? But today I finally did it!!! I recorded one of my own songs using my keyboard and the computer!!!!! I still have a long way to go as far as figuring out how it all works and putting multiple tracks together, but I've jumped a huge hurdle in just sitting down to use it!!! I must say that I feel proud of myself! I actually did it!!!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

yay! I'm so excited for you! Great job, Mollie. :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS MOLS! All the buttons can be scary, but don't worry they can't hurt you.