Wednesday, May 09, 2007

An Overzealous Ticker

I went to the doctor last week for an earache. He said it was allergies and perscribed another allergy medicine in addition to the one I'm already taking. Well, starting Friday and then ever since, I've been having frequent heart palpitations. Monday found me back at the doctor to figure out what's going on. Thankfully my little heart performed its gymnastics and they were able to observe what's happening while I was hooked up to the EKG machine! I was concerned that it would be like going to the mechanic and your car simply won't act up for them to see the problem! But, they saw it.

Doc thinks it might just be overstimulated with my allergy meds in addition to drinking caffeine. So...I've been advised to quit all of those things. Needless to say, I'm a little on the sleepy side this week. I haven't had any caffeine today. Yesterday was half the caff. I'm really hoping that Doc is right and this is all it is. It's hard not to be anxious when it feels like my heart has done a flip in my chest!!! Please keep this is prayer! I don't want anything serious to be wrong with me!!!

No comments: