"As soon as you had taken away the Evil One," she said, " and I awoke from sleep, my mind was cleared. It is a wonder to me, Piebald, that for all those days you and I could have been so young. The reason for not yet living on the Fixed Land is now so plain. How could I wish to live there except because it was Fixed? And why should I desire the Fixed except to make sure - to be able on one day to command where I should be the next and what should happen to me? It was to reject the wave - to draw my hands out of Maleldil's, to say to Him, 'Not thus, but thus' - to put in our own power what times should roll towards us...as if you gathered fruits together to-day for to-morrow's eating instead of taking what came. That would have been cold love and feeble trust. And out of it how could we ever have climbed back into love and trust again?"
- Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
I've been looking for the Fixed Land and wondering why we're not allowed to live there now. Instead of resting in the security of His faithful provision for each day, I've looked to command where we'll be and what will happen to us. Cold love and feeble trust....
Why is it so difficult to trust the One Who defines faithfulness; the One Who has never let us down at any point in our lives? I so want to trust and simply rest in His care, but it's difficult with the passage of time. All the same, I'm sure I'll look back on this struggle and wonder why I was so freaked out, when we finally see what He has for us. I do know it's all going to be alright and that this time of waiting serves a purpose for our good.
Lord, help us to be faithful as we wait upon You!!!!! You are our refuge and hope. We place our lives and our future in Your Hands. Please lead and guide us! Please illuminate the path so that our steps will be sure and without injury. Keep us in Your care. We look to You, Lord Jesus.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, trusting and waiting just plain sucks sometimes, huh? Hang in there, sis! Just think...if all else fails, ya'll can move in with me! Wouldn't that be fun?? :D
Luv ya!
Post a Comment