Monday, July 17, 2006

At the end of said rope

A week from tomorrow R. takes the Bar Exam, the study of which has consumed both of us for the past three months. To be honest, it kinda feels like those three months were stolen from us. I just want my husband back; without the stress, without the strict time constraints. I feel selfish to be complaining about what I'm dealing with, knowing that he is working so very hard. But, I'm realizing how much I am affected by what he's going through.

Yesterday morning I cracked and hurt R's feelings in the process. Why did I do that? Why now, when the long dark tunnel finally has the glimmer of daylight? Needless to say, I'm more than a little disappointed with myself. I've been trying so hard to be strong and be an encourager to him. Sigh. Thankfully today is a new day and R. has forgiven me.

Please keep us both in prayer as we wrap up the studies and the waiting. Pray that I won't hold resentment in my heart about lost time. And most importantly, please pray R. nails the exam to the wall and for his confidence and continued perseverance as he finishes.

No comments: