Monday, June 12, 2006

Job Woes

The past couple weeks work has been kind of a bummer. A co-worker returned after maternity leave and the dynamics changed. What I thought was a blossoming friendship with another co-worker has wilted before coming to bloom. "They" have become exclusive again and my partner A. and I feel like we're on the outside. Then there's the bosses. Can I say roller-coaster? It's impossible to tell from one moment to the next whether they'll be up, down, or something else. Stressed usually describes them, it's just a question of what that will look like to the rest of us.

Now don't get me wrong. I have some INCREDIBLE co-workers. It's just that lately some of those I have to work with directly are really a pain, or taking their stress out on A. and me. Needless to say, I'm wrestling with my attitude. I simply don't want to be here anymore and yet I don't have a choice at this point. That's the hardest part...not having a choice and feeling stuck.

Please pray that the Lord will help me to rise above the petty attitudes and mood swings. I really want to do my job well and to finish strong and not have things peeter out as my time here comes to a close. It's temporary (though I don't know when it will end), so I want to remain joyful in spite of the frustrations. Thanks!

2 comments:

Sarandipity said...

Gee...this sounds familiar! (Were you reading my last blog?) Just remember, it could always be worse! You could have your phones turned off, or be told you weren't going to get paid, or not be able to afford office supplies.... :D Let's pray for each other in this, OK? We both want to see an end in sight with our current jobs and it downright sucks sometimes. Right now on the radio there's a great song playing that I think speaks to our situations. "He never said it would be easy...but He will carry me!" Amen, sis! Hang on to that, OK? And remember that I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you both are unhappy in your job situations. You'll both be in my thoughts. I'm sure you'll be able to finish strong, Mollie. You are such an awesome person to work with (and I know this from personal experience, mind you) that I just can't imagine anything else. Stay strong and persevere.