Friday, June 16, 2006

Bible Study

I've been attending this Bible study at work for married women. We're studying the book "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. Pearl is pretty blunt about how we women have usurped the role God has give to our husbands and have tried to control instead of submitting to his leadership. It's been convicting and exciting as I've watched the Lord soften my heart. I've learned that submission is really about trust. Do I trust R. to care about me and to make wise decisions? Do I trust God to care for me even when R. makes mistakes? Trust has always been something I've struggled with and letting R. be the man has been huge in teaching me how to trust. And I have so much more peace in my heart when I'm not trying to control. I can't believe how much it's made me relax! I'm so thankful to be learning this in the early stage of my marriage rather than years down the road. God is faithful and He is certainly the one who changes our hearts. And it's great to watch Him do it!!!!

No comments: