I got this idea from a woman at Bible study and have modified it to fit us, so I thought I'd share in case it would be helpful for anyone else. I've been having trouble keeping up with the grocery shopping/meal planning/ cooking lately. A woman at Bible study shared about how she plans her meals out for an entire month. That sounded a little daunting, but I did come up with an idea that has already proved helpful.
I made a list of 17 different meals, including the vegetable and any other sides to go with them. I've set up a rotation for these meals so I don't have to try to figure out what I'm going to make each week. I made the list on Monday and went to the grocery store today. It was so easy to make my grocery list!!! I just looked at the next 4 meals on the list and wrote down the ingredients I need to make them and off I went to the store! Next week I'll write down what I need for the next 4 meals, etc. I think this is really going to help me and keep us eating different things!!
I'm also toying with the idea of making up sample grocery lists for each week and printing them off. We'll see if I go that far! But anything that makes life easier at this point in a BIG bonus!!! Hope this helps somebody else!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have tried that! Well kinda tried! haha
I am so lost when it comes to organization! Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by the day!
Hopefully soon I will be able to get some kind of boost to do it again. We bought a deep freezer so that I could do the cooking meals for a month (or a couple weeks) deal and freezing them all!!! I have yet to do it! I stay so busy, I think!
It was great having lunch with you today!!!
I did this one time and it was awesome, but was a lot of work on Sunday to make up the list, shop, etc. I need to try it again! Will your next blog have your recipes?!?!?!? :o)
Post a Comment