Chewie
ChicaI've been a little behind in my posts lately. This happened a week ago, but I had to share it anyway. Last Saturday we thought we'd lost our sweet, little doggies for good. I let them out into the backyard around 8am and then crawled back into bed. We heard them barking to come in but ignored them. They often will ask to come in and if we don't come right away they'll go back to exploring and doing whatever it is doggies do when hanging out in the yard. So we thought nothing of the fact that they were completely silent. About an hour after letting them out, R goes to get them and returns saying "the dogs are gone". I launch out of bed and come racing out after him as he's pulling on his shoes and grabbing his jacket. As he's getting ready R tells me that someone must have taken them 'cause the gate was open.
R hops in the car and heads off down the street to see if he can find them. I start pulling out the information for their microchip trying not to think about the possibility that they were stolen or that they could already have been run over by a car! Just as I'm starting to fall apart, R calls to tell me he's found them!! They were all the way at the end of the street in someone's backyard! R was calling for them as he was driving and they came running out to him. PRAISE THE LORD! I can't say how much I would miss these sweet doggies that have certainly become part of our little family!!!
We still have no idea how the gate came to be open...it was the side that has a post going into the ground so there's no way it blew open on its own. Still a mystery, but I'm so thankful the dogs are back with us; safe and sound!!!
On our date night this week R and I went to the dollar theatre and watched "Beverly Hills Chihuahuas". SUCH a cute movie! But throughout the whole thing we couldn't help but think about our doggie's escape. We couldn't wait to get home to cuddle up with our little cuddle buddies. So glad they're still with us!!!!!!!

1 comment:
awwww. Even as loud and ACTIVE as they are during a human visit they certainly are lovable creatures. I would have definitely missed them!
So glad they came out to R when he called them. The bad thing about the chip is that someone has to find them and turn them in for it to work. Duke has one too but that will only be good if someone doesn't hurt him first or steal him (highly unlikely now out here) but you never know.)
love ya
Post a Comment