Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

R's parents gave all 5 of us pajamas for Christmas!!!


We had our first Christmas in our own home this year!!! And it was AWESOME!!! Christmas Eve we went to church. Being a Mom put things in a different perspective this year. The carols I've sung all my life took on a new meaning for me. Lines like "No crib for his head" and "No crying he makes" made me think of our sweet little boy and wondering how I would feel if there was nothing but a feed bin in which to lay him. And to think of Jesus being God Himself and coming to earth as a little baby like my little baby...Wow!
Christmas morning R and I opened our presents together...and Isaac's too! He slept through all but the first couple minutes! After we opened presents R and I got started on Christmas Dinner. We cooked the whole thing and it turned out FABULOUS, if I do say so myself!!! Ham, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce. YUM! The best part was that R and I made the meal together!!!!!
My aunt, uncle, & cousin came and shared the meal with us. It's so great to have family close by. And they're such a blessing! We shared lots of laughs and just enjoyed each other's company. The whole day looked just like we'd hoped!!!!



3 comments:

bri said...

I am so glad that it was so wonderful. And it truly sounds like what Christmas should be. ENJOYING one another's company and celebrating Jesus' birth!

love you all... cute jammies...

enjoyed (LOVED) hanging out with you today!

Christi said...

Look at that little man sitting up (with the help of a blue bumbo!) We got him that before he was even here, wow. How time flies, right?! Happy New Year!

Rose said...

What a beautiful family photo dear Mollie!