Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What's In A Name?

I realized the other day that after keeping Isaac's name a secret for so many months, that I could now tell the story behind our choice of his name!!! Some of you know the long story of how R and I dated, broke up, got back together and finally married and now have a sweet baby. For those of you who don't know, though, we dated for 5 months, broke up and started dating again after two and a half years apart.

During the time between our dating I tried and tried to get over R, unsuccessfully. I came to a point where I realized that R was my Isaac and that I had to surrender him to the Lord and trust that if we were supposed to be together that the Lord would bring R back into my life. As I prayed about R during that time, I knew that if it was the Lord's will for us to marry and have a family, that if we ever had a boy I wanted to name him Isaac R.

Fast forward to when the Lord did indeed bring R and I back together and we were talking about what God did in us during that time of separation. Children's names were on R's mind while we were apart as well. R told me that if we ever had a boy, he'd like to name him Isaac. I had to ask him if he was serious when he said that, knowing that that was the name on my heart, should we ever have a boy.

When we found out we were pregnant with a little man, there was no question about what his name would be. The Lord answered our prayers to restore our relationship and bring us together and now we have the amazing priviledge of being parents together!! And so our son is named Isaac! Isaac means "he laughs" and so we speak the blessing of joy into his little life!!





3 comments:

Rose said...

I love that story! And I love the matching outfits!

bri said...

oh my goodness... those are two handsomely matching men in your house. How fun is that.

What an interesting story Mollie. I can't wait to hear it more in detail on our "play date". Ü

Marcia said...

What an adorable picture of Daddy and son! Sweater vests rock!