Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Maybe Today?!?!?

Every day I tell the little man that today would be a great day for him to come. So far he hasn't agreed with me! I was pretty sure Sunday was going to be the day. I woke up at 3am with contractions coming every 4 minutes. This went on for a little over 3 hours and included a walk at 6am...but then they tapered off and that was that.

I've pretty much given up on the idea that I can do anything to get things started. I continue to walk and last night I tried the accupressure again and took a hot bath in lavender salts. The bath gave me a really good night's sleep and I'm thankful for that, but I think that's about all I'm gonna get out of it!

The fact that he's coming this week regardless of the means is both encouraging and terrifying. Pitocin looms ominously in my mind even though my doctor assures me they'll start out with a low dose that will mimic natural labor (if you've had pitocin please don't share your experience until AFTER I've had this baby!!!). Regardless I'd much rather things begin on their own...naturally!

R continues to encourage me and assure me that I can do this and that it's almost over and soon we'll hold our sweet baby in our arms. I truly don't think I could do this without him!! More than once he has been the one between me and utter discouragement!! I know the obvious fact that pregnancy can't continue indefinitely...but try and convince my emotions of that when faith feels weak and I haul this very pregnant body out of bed each morning only to return there in the same condition each night!!

But maybe he'll come today!! I'm still hopeful! I can't help but think about our son's coming in light of the coming of Christ. I should await His coming with that same sense of expectation that each day could be THE DAY! Oh to long for Jesus with the same fervency with which I long for my little boy to be born! Lord...revive my heart and my love for YOU! Draw me closer........

3 comments:

Rose said...

I hope that today is the day! Or Thursday would be a wonderful day! Colin and George could be birthday twins!

Mollie, Call me when you need something else to think/talk about, and because my phone crashed and I need your number again.

I promise I won't tell you about pitocin. I have nothing bad to say about my L and D experience at all!

Carla said...

any day! Just wait - one day he will come and then you'll say - I can't believe he's finally here!! :)

bri said...

Wonderful post Mollie. I know I long for Jesus but I don't think I have ever yearned enough for HIM! I do know that I long for our own children and if I could just turn that toward God and long for HIS son instead... Wow what a different outlook I would have huh?!?

Amazing what happens when you get your eyes off yourself for a moment and look at the things that are beyond us... (I am of course speaking of myself here Ü) You continue keeping your eyes on little man and praying that he comes and you will truly know the presence of God. To hold your newborn baby... mmmm that is God's fingerprint in your arms... there is not another one like him and nor will there ever be. God chose him just for you and R. So blessed.