Thursday, September 25, 2008

Single Digits!!!!

It's amazing to me that our due date is only one week away!!! I woke up yesterday thinking "today's the day" and by dinner time last night I thought that might actually be the case! I started getting cramps at lunch time yesterday and by dinner it felt like I was getting what I assumed were contractions, though there didn't seem to be a pattern to it. I kept having them up until about 9:30 and then each time I woke up in the night I felt crampy still. But, no baby yet!

We had our doctor appointment this morning and I'm now effaced 90%!! That must have been what was going on yesterday!!! No dilation, but little man has moved down in +1 position! Our doctor says the more I'm effaced and the more he moves down the quicker things should progress during labor. So even though I'm not dilated, my body is definitely getting ready! I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited to meet our little boy!!!!!

In a previous post I mentioned that our crib got recalled. It was a little frustrating to have to take it apart, return it and then go about finding a new one. But I think it ended up being a blessing in disguise. The old crib was fine and seemed to be pretty sturdy. But the new crib is so much more solid and I think it will last a lot better then the first crib. And I just think it looks nicer!!

Off with the old.....


On with the new!

4 comments:

Christi said...

looks good...is that one that can convert into a twin head and foot board?!

Mollie said...

It is, but you have to buy the kit to convert it. Bummer! But that's okay! I'm still happy with it!!

Carla said...

aww - I love the new one! It looks so classy!

BekahSue32 said...

Mols, I can tell you from experience you will be SOOO Glad to have the sturdy one that you can put all your weight on if your sweet little boy needs some help getting settled to sleep in the crib. I've had to lean on mine for 30 or 40 minutes at a time and I always think how great it is that it can handle all my weight without moving or jiggling him. It looks WONDERFUL!