Monday, May 12, 2008

Old Tricks & New

I may have said this before; I’ve certainly thought it. But I’m glad to be pregnant in this day and age and not 30 years ago! For one, maternity clothes are CUTE! But even better are the little comfort things that some brilliant person took the time to invent and market!!!

Sleep has much improved since I got a pregnancy wedge put out by Boppy! It’s just like it sounds. It is simply a piece of soft foam that starts out about 4 inches think and gradually gets thinner. I tuck it under my belly when laying on my side and it takes away that uncomfortable feeling of the belly leaning off to the side. It gives just the right support without putting any pressure on the belly.

Then there’s the pregnancy belt. I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel like my belly is hanging heavy especially by the end of the day. The belt is an elasticized band that connects with velcro. It’s worn under the belly and around the lower back and supports the belly perfectly!! I can walk farther and do more without getting so tired!!! I’m glad R. got this for me so early in my pregnancy so that I will have the help all along!

Finally the old trick! I thankfully have not had much trouble yet with bloating and retaining water, but occasionally like this morning I will wake up and my wedding ring fits tight. R. shared a trick that his sister S. swears by and it WORKS! Put a little lemon juice in your water. That’s it! It works and it works quickly! And it’s cheap and harmless!!

No comments: