Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Baby Paraphernalia
R. and I did some pre-registry legwork last night; meaning we went to the Baby Depot and looked at some baby items and began the decision process about what we think we want for our little one. It all started out just fine with the excitement of what we'd like for our little one. But, the night ended with me in tears feeling overwhelmed about how on earth we’re going to fit everything in our apartment without being overtaken by baby paraphernalia! (Oh the joys of pregnant hormones and emotions that can change in a nanosecond!) Bottom line is the question of whether we really need everything we think we need and what we actually do need. For such small little people, babies sure come with a lot of STUFF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The first trip to Baby Depot and such stores is always overwhelming. I got dizzy after about 20 minutes.
It gets slightly less overwhelming as you go, but there is a ton of stuff.
Mollie,
Speaking from experience, less is usually more when it comes to baby paraphanilia. We didn't use a high chair at all for Michael, and I think it worked better that way. He sat at the regular table on our laps and by the time he was a little over a year, he sat at the table on his own. The more holding the better, I say!!!! Just remember, there were babies thousands of years before Baby Depot and women got on just fine, perhaps better than we do now.
XOXOX
Kellie
Mollie, I'm feeling the same way! I just cannot believe how much STUFF we have for this baby! When we arrived at this house a few months ago, we had 2 suitcases, 2 trunks, and 2 backpacks of stuff. Now, we have 3 rooms full of stuff!!! What?!?! And over the past week, I've done like 5 loads of laundry to get ready for the baby... I just can't believe it. We'll see how much of all this we actually NEED when the baby arrives... :)
But hang in there, all this is FUN and will be so worth it, I think!
Post a Comment