Sunday, March 09, 2008

10 weeks

We're now 10 weeks pregnant! I guess that means we're almost through with the first trimester. I have to say it's kinda weird the way the weeks are calculated. Since we know the day we conceived (yay for natural family planning and charting!!!) we thought we were 8 weeks pregnant, but since most people don't know the exact day doctors usually calculate based on a woman's monthly cycle. Then there's what's called gestation which is like two weeks longer than the actual age of the baby....so I guess that means I'm at 10 weeks. That's fine with me, of course! I feel like I just gained ground and have less time to wait!

Pregnancy hasn't been quite what I expected so far. I haven't been sick which is great! None of my pants fit which has been surprisingly discouraging! I think that I thought I wouldn't mind losing my waist when we got pregnant 'cause there would be a very legitimate excuse. But I don't look pregnant at this point...I look chubby! R. took me shopping last week and at one point we had to stop so he could tell me I'm beautiful and that's it's okay that I'm not skinny anymore.

It's very surreal to be pregnant. I don't know that it will begin to sink in until I start feeling the baby move and we know if we're having a boy or a girl. In those moments when I realize this is really happening I get super excited...and then totally freaked out at the same time! I never imagined that there would be so much mental adjustment involved in this process. It's a good thing we have awhile to get used to the idea!

R. has been so wonderful! He has held me when I'm feeling scared or overwhelmed. He has told me I'm beautiful repeatedly. And best of all he is so excited to be a Dad! And I know he's going to be a good one! I'm so thankful to be on this journey with my sweet husband! It really is amazing to know we're going to have OUR baby!

By the way...our baby is the size of a small plum now!!!

7 comments:

Joni said...

Mollie, I am SO EXCITED for you guys, and I love hearing about the experience through your eyes. It seems like just yesterday that I was in your shoes, and now here I am with less than 10 weeks LEFT before he comes!!! It will both fly and drag at the same time... My prayers are with you and your precious little one. :)

JTapp said...

I've had several arguments with Joni about how many "weeks" we were since we knew the exact day also. I've lost the argument, so we just go by what the doctor says (but i protest).

Y'all will be very fun parents!

Sarandipity said...

Yay! I'm the luckiest auntie in the whole wide world!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Rob and Mollie,

Congrats! I'm so excited to meet Patriot's future Baylor law buddy when he arrives in October! :)

Love,
Erin

Rose said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to have ice cream and officially celebrate. Just name the day!

Carla said...

YAY! I'm so happy to hear a little update from you guys. I've been thinking about you! We should chat on the phone again one of these days!

Nicki W. said...

wow!!!! how exciting! i bet you look great! can't wait to see you--you are going to love the journey!