I am a whole person
My life consists of more than 8 to 5
I’m more than just an employee
I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend
While I am at work, I dedicate myself to working hard
But when 5 comes around, I will leave
I will not apologize for leaving right on time
Just like I don’t apologize for my prompt arrival
While I am at work, my time is yours
But I will use up every last hour of vacation leave
I will not apologize for taking time off
I’m more than just an employee
I am a whole person
I have hobbies and interests and charm
I have a family and they come first
I am more than just an employee
You the employer should know
Good employees are hard to find
And harder to find is to keep them
Perhaps the answer lies with you
I am a whole person
And as such I deserve your respect
Don’t come between me and my husband, my child
For they’re more to me than this job
I may be one among many employees
But I’m the only wife and mother they have
If a whole person’s more than you bargained for
Perhaps it’s a robot you want
by Mollie
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was so excited to get to the end and see who wrote this and it's YOU! I love it. I will be posting it on my wall. So many times I feel bad when I get to work and the other paralegal is here and when I leave, she is still here. But it's not because I get here late or because I leave early, it's because I've worked my 8 hours. I"ve been productive and my "life" is more important that my job. SO.....preach it sister!! I love it. I am always reminding myself that they aren't a better employee because they stay late and if anyone views them that way, then they can have it. I'll take my family!
Love you!!!
Thanks, girl!!! It was a bit of a vent!!!
HALLELUJAH, sista! That is absolutely amazing!!! Man-oh-man I feel your pain! I'm totally going to pin that up on the wall in my "office" at work!! I LOVE it!
And I love YOU!!! Looking forward to talking and catching up some more....
Surie
Post a Comment