So...as I mentioned, Friday night was my musical debut here in Texas! And it went great! A number of friends turned out to support me. All in all there were probably about 25 to 30 people at the coffee house (about 10 were friends). I sang first and did 3 songs that I've written new this year. I started my first song and a few people I didn't know changed seats to be closer to where I was. Then when I sang my second song, the whole place went completely silent and everyone stopped what they were doing to listen. It was so humbling to have such a response!! For years friends and family and especially R. have been telling me that my songs are good and that I need to get out there, but I think deep down I really thought that they only felt that way because they care about me and so they're biased in their opinions. But on Friday night I realized that there truly is potential for me to perform and perhaps even become a recording artist as I've always dreamed. We'll see what happens next and where God leads us. Whatever happens I'm blessed by how well it went and for the affirmation I received from those who came to listen.
Thank you, sweetheart, for encouraging me to go for it!!!! You're my hero!!!!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY!! I'm so glad for your night of affirmation!
aw yay! that's so cool.
Mollie, I'm so proud of / happy that you played at an open mic. Wish I could have been there!!! That is SO GREAT!!! I still remember dreaming in the practice room with you, while hashing out some songs. Oh and all the horrible band names you thought of and would suggest constantly to me (though you did come up with a SWEET one in the end)... hahahaha. I miss those days, but I know that God has lead us in the directions we're going and I'm excited to hear what happens with your music journey. Your voice is so clear and beautiful, and you write from the heart. How's your recording stuff working? Let me know if you need any help or advice.
love you,
Ed
1st floor
I'm SO happy for you, Mollie! Way to get out there and do it! I've been eagerly waiting to find out how it went. If I hadn't been at a conference all weekend I would have given you a call.
Thanks for letting us all know! ;)
Post a Comment