Friday, September 15, 2006

To walk humbly

Humility has never been one of my strong points. In fact I'd say it's one of my biggest struggles. I like to be right and I don't appreciate being questioned or challenged. Needless to say, I've realized that even when someone is in the wrong in how they treat me, I'm still called to respond with humility because this is what the Lord requires and what honors Him. Dang! This is hard to swallow sometimes! Especially when I'm treated improperly or belittled! And yet, if this will bring pleasure to the Lord, that makes me want to try and to let Him change my heart. And I know I can trust Him to be faithful. Oh, but it's hard!!! My usual reaction is to get defensive and fight back, but the Lord is the one who defends me so I don't need to worry about myself. But I do. Hmmmmm.....Come Lord Jesus, please change this heart of mine.

No comments: