Friday, September 01, 2006

Brief Revival

Last night we used the jumper cables on Lucy, hoping that would be the end of her coma-like state. She fired to life and seemed to be running okay until I put the car in reverse...back to sleep. So we jumped her again and this time R. told me to take right off and head for the video store and he would be right behind me. So I left...only then remembering that my cell phone was charging in the living room.

I head for the store all the while looking for R. in my rear-view mirror; nope not there. I'm wondering what happened to him, feeling a little anxious about the fact that he's not there, I'm without a cell phone, and every time I roll up the window or turn on the radio, the headlights dim. Oh boy. Fifteen minutes later I pull into the video store parking lot; still no R. I drive around a few minutes and then decide to head home since I'm afraid to turn off the car.

I head on home and when I get to the highway, I switch on my brights. The car jerks like that was way too much energy extended, so I quickly turn it back to normal hoping I'll make it home 'cause it's dark and there's nothing but farm houses along this road. Wonderful. Still don't know where R. is. Thankfully I make it home, park the car, turn it off, made it. I try the key just to see if it will start again...deep coma-state. Yikes!

R. finally shows up. He went to the wrong video store. Oops! I guess that's what happens when one breaks routine! But, I made it home and he made it home. An unexpected little adventure to break up the week...phew!

Tomorrow we're off to R's parents until Wedesday. Happy Labor Day to all! Hope you don't have to labor!!! We'll be taking it easy!

No comments: