Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Procrastinating the Simple

I'm greatly looking forward to next week and vacation along with a visit from my sis. Usually in preparation for guests I run around at a frantic pace dusting, picking up, and generally making a clean sweep of every nook and cranny. I've decided not to do that this time, but to take care of only the basics instead. After all, we keep a pretty clean house for the most part.

Last night, though, I did some laundry; a task I don't want to have to do during my week off. In the process I put away the clothes that have been hanging on the drying rack in our room for almost 3 weeks. It took all of maybe ten minutes to accomplish this task and I felt so great knowing they were put away. Why is it that I procrastinate those things they take such little time to do, but feel so good to have done? It's weird how life works that way sometimes! Alas, maybe next time I'll remember how little time it took and take care of it right away!!

No comments: