Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Papa Roach

I think that's the name of a music band. Well, I met Papa Roach last night. Not the music band. He was quite eager to meet me, too! It was going on 10 o'clock. I went upstairs to get ready for bed and as I walked into the bathroom something jumped at me from the wall above the mirror. That something was the biggest cockroach I have ever seen! Yuck! I jumped and raced out of the room to yell for R. He came upstairs and went into the bathroom. "Oh my gOSH...thump, thump. Yuck." Dead Papa Roach. I promptly announced that we would have to move...north!

Needless to say, bedtime was out of the question after that little fiasco! My heart was still beating hard so I stayed up reading a bit longer until I calmed down. Things are not supposed to fly at you from the bathroom wall. It's not natural! And cockroaches are not supposed to be 3 to 4 inches long. That's not natural either! Yuck!

In spite of my adventure I managed to get a good night's sleep. Though I did check the walls in the bathroom this morning. It's wild down here! Smile.

1 comment:

Sarandipity said...

Ewwwww! Nasty! C'mon now, you've got to admit that snow and cold and winter are waaaaaaaaaaay better than ugly cockroaches that jump out at you!! :)